Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
The Crimson Guard

Recent

Teamspeak

Loading... Progress
Need Voice Comms? 

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kylearan  (Read 2606 times)
Kylearan
Guild Member

« on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »

1. A/S/L? No really, Character name, level, class
Kylearan - 50 cleric, full purple, T1/T2 mixed gear.

2. What are you looking for in a guild?
A group of people who know that a guild is more then just a private chat channel.  My current guild only gets together once a week to do expert/craft rifts, and I know there is a lot more raiding content that I won't get exposure to without the right people.  I want it !

3. What other MMOs have you played?
Dragonrealms (MUD), UO, EQ, DAoC, EQ2, GW, WoW, EVE Online

4. Would you classify yourself as "hard core", "casual" or somewhere in between? How many hours a week do you play?
I am somewhere in between.  Mostly because I'm a dad and I have other responsibilities that prevent from going all out.  When I was a younger man with nothing else to distract me, I was very hard core, and still enjoying finding time to shift in to that gear when I can.  I play 1-4 hours a night, 4-5 nights a week.

5. Age?

6. What annoys you the most in guilds?
Guilds that don't do anything.

7. Ginger or MaryAnne?
yes.

8. Just for S's and G's, what type of work do you do? (I (Agile) am a government contractor in information technology, for example)
I am a PHP/Perl programmer.  I have experience in quite a few industries.  I was full time employed by the ZAM Network, Thottbot, IGE, etc. for quite a while.  They bought some of my intellectual property.  Cool story actually.

9. What area of the country/world do you live in? (Agile: outside of Washington, D.C.)
Chicago, USA

10. Play times? (Agile: EST - 5-12midnight, sometimes later).
EST - 10pm - 3am

11. Favorite moment in an MMO?
I coded a custom .dll driver that would patch an audio stream directly from Ventrilo to a private room in TeamSpeak.  In EVE Online, we used this in a meta-game strategy where we had gained access to the enemy alliance's voice coms.  Our fleet commanders were able to not only anticipate their troop movements and tactics, but could set up our own fleets to take advantage of all their movements in real time.  It led to some PvP battles where we had more then 300 kills to almost no losses.  They were complete baffled.  We were two steps ahead of them infinitely.

The final battle ended with them retreating behind a forcefield that our ships could not enter without the password... but... they gave the password out on their voice coms.  So we annihilated them inside their safe spot as well.  Ownage on the most epic scale.  No survivors.  The battle ended what had been 2 months of back and forth warfare.  It completely destroyed their morale and they never formed another meaningful fleet before we removed them from the region.

12. Anything you'd like to add?
No.
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:08 AM »

That is some cool stuff! You've been around the block a bit, it sounds like. And done some neat stuff in the gaming industry!

Very cool - glad to have you on board!

Keric
Guild Member

Victorious warriors win first then go to war!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »

"We're not worthy, We're not worthy"   Grin

That is sweet what you did in EVE! Welcome to TCG!

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while losers post on the forum and cry to the Dev team.
Kylearan
Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »

Darus added me to the guild this afternoon !
Thank you ?!?!
szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »

Welcome to our special little place on the web!  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

*BoldItalicizedInsert ImageInsert Quote
* Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry
Last 6 Shouts:
January 05, 2018, 10:39:42 PM
Im good Tusc, good to see you on here. I hope we can all get together again and have as much fun as WHO:AoR or Rift. Those were some special times
December 07, 2017, 01:51:43 PM
There are those of us who lurk in the depths, fiercely protecting this Utopia frozen in time. How's everything Thes?
December 05, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
Oh my...its dead
September 04, 2016, 01:28:32 PM
Wink Thespian - I am lucky I got me one of those! Tongue
August 23, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
Summer sux w/o a Racy women at your side
July 20, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
Hey y'all!! Hope everyone is having an Awesome summer!!!
Show 50 latest

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15374
  • Total Topics: 1845
  • Online Today: 4
  • Online Ever: 51
  • (February 27, 2013, 01:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3