Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
The Crimson Guard

Recent

Teamspeak

Loading... Progress
Need Voice Comms? 

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2017, 03:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 45 more days of Rift then I'm finished. :(  (Read 6254 times)
Keric
Guild Member

Victorious warriors win first then go to war!

« on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »

I cancelled my subscription to Rift yesterday morning.  Cry

I have 45 more days left to play because I bought 3 months in advance but then I'm done. Not because of the game itself (which I really love) but really sh*tty customer service. I had a weaponsmith plaque I got from the daily Dragonshell turn in. I then turned in the Shadethorn Tamata crafting daily and got another. Thing is the one I already had in my currency disappeared. So instead of 2 plaques, I had only 1. Well for the last three days Trion would rather argue with me and be "right" rather than return my plaque. I can't tolerate poor customer service and I won't pay for being called mistaken and wrong and/or a liar. So Trion can keep thier plaque and I will keep my money and I won't recommend the game. There is a 5% chance i'm mistaken and that I am remembering things wrong, but I don't think so.

I look forward to the next 45 days and hopefully I will see you all in SWTOR.  Tongue

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while losers post on the forum and cry to the Dev team.
killianna
Guild Member

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »

There customer service is slow.... it took me from lvl 30 to 50 to get them to give me a piece of loot that vanished.

I completed the sheild wall puzzle... as I was leaving I opened the bag on the fly. Saw I recieved a blue item. And my bags were full. So as I was looking to disguard something Iw as attacked. I killed the creature and the loot window closed during the fight.

The item was lost... I gave them the time, date, puzzle loot... and waited... then got an e-mail fromt hem asking for more information they needed the time, date and location of the loot...

Sigh... I have to say there customer service is not so good!
Keric
Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »

They actually responded very quickly, in fact too quickly to have thoroughly researched my problem and we went back and forth for the last few days. They kept sending me canned answers with just a quick sentance on the front denying I had the plaque. Basically they told me to lump it or leave it, so I left it. They felt it was more important to be right than to keep my business. I am a very patient person and I was willing to give them time to work this out, but they didn't care.

This was the final two messages between myself and the GM after they told me that they weren't going to return my missing plaque because they say I never had it.

Me: "No problem. I cancelled my subscription yesterday morning.
have a good day."

Them: "Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I am sorry to hear that you have cancelled your account. As a player myself I know how frustrating this could be. I wish you well on any endeavors that you may undertake. Thank you for the time that you have supported us, and if you wish to come back we will welcome you back to the game with open arms. If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 110517-003081."

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while losers post on the forum and cry to the Dev team.
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »

Wow. Unbelievable that they'd rather lose a sub than a friggin plaque.

However, I understand poor customer service and the desire to cancel when you get it. Happened to me in EQ2/SonyOE. (Full disclosure, my brother in law now works for them!)

At the time, Meg and I had FIVE accounts through Sony and had basically purchased all Sony equipment for everything. My phone, PDA, speakers, receiver, a Vaio laptop, clocks, VCRs, I could go on...

So, back in the days of EQ1, Sony had the wonderful policy that said if you cancelled your account, there was no guarantee your characters would still be there if you came back. Well, eventually, I had to cancel my account. Back at the time, Merelin didn't want my very valuable enchanter to go by the wayside, so he volunteered to pay for the account, while we left and he played it, etc.

Well, after paying for upgrades and even additional games attached to the account (SWG, upgrades for that, etc) - I wanted to switch a character to another of my accounts. Low and behold, they said that Merelin owned the account since their earliest records only went so far back as when he owned it. Since, I couldn't find my original CD case, they had no proof.

I must have spent 5 hours over several days talking to someone to get this fixed. But, despite my being a guild leader, and all that - I got no love, and what with WoW just having come out a few months earlier, I said fuckit.

Cancelled all my accounts, stopped (largely) buying Sony products (though I'm not religious with it. We just bought Meg a "Playstation Phone"  - the Sony Experia Play, and we have a ps3, etc). And have played perhaps 2 months in EQ2, ever since.

Bad customer support of good customers is just plain stupid business.

And Keric, regardless, I do hope you stay, but if not, you dang well better be with us in SWTOR. Wink

Thespian
Guild Member

Hoobidah!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »

well it sucks that your leaving keric, youre gonna be missed

i cant say i understand why this is such a big deal for gamers...i personally dont care if something i know i earned goes missing...i mean, i know i spent time and resources getting that item, but the way i see it is that if i go jumping through ticket hoops on a trek to get that item back, im now wasting more time that can be spent possibly getting a different item(that may be better than the one i lost)

and then theres the all encompassing reason, its just a game, none of this is real =P i know i sound hypocritical because ive gone on some tirades before, but those didnt have to do with game mechanics or support

i actually had my WoW account hacked and lost everything to a spammer, and then got ToS'd because of the spam...if that happened in Rift, i would be pissed off and might quit...the only reason i didnt do anything about the WoW incident was that i had cancelled my sub like 2 weeks earlier because Rift showed up on my game radar...so in the end, i really didnt lose anything =P

Si vic pacem para bellum.
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »

Well.. to play devil's advocate...

In Rift, I did lose an item to the game. It was early on and I was pretty pissed and rage quit, since I felt like I'd lost a lot - basically I was trying to view a PVP piece of gear, and the ctrl right click didn't work. It treated it as if I'd just right clicked, thus using up the honor I'd probably spent 10 hours of PVPing to earn.

But, fact is, I was level 30 or something, and you can earn more in one Port Scion than you can in a week at level 11. So, I just chalked it up to tough luck and moved on.

Another example. Aion - I didn't get hacked, I didn't cheat, I didn't buy or sell anything. The only thing that happened was that I was a guild leader and our guild was in the top five or six on the server. It didn't just happen to me, it happened to 4-5 of the top ten guild leaders on our side.

Anyway, I log in one night and my account is locked/banned. I was livid. Finally after about 4-5 days, I think, I was able to get it unbanned, but by then, my enjoyment of the game was out the window. I continued in game for about a month, but my heart wasn't in it and I cancelled my sub. It was a pretty hard core PVP game and to not be able to lead the guild and help our side win, and forced to play other things (I think that's when I completed Dragon Age 1) - just poof.

So, anyway, I can see both sides to it. It may be that Keric gives it a few weeks and he figures it's not worth stressing over Tongue But if not, I understand -

Ilithyia
Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

Noooooo!  Now who am I supposed to flirt shamelessly with in dark corners in DD+?Huh? Cry

I can understand why you're upset though.  Those plaques really suck to get, low drop rate is low.

We tried to do an expert rift a while back and our perdeen glitched out, resulting in us losing our malformed souls/lure.  We contacted a GM but I haven't heard anything about it.  Malformed souls aren't as important as a plaque but still, would have liked to at least know someone from Trion looked into it.

Keric
Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »

Thanks guys.

I hear you Thes and for the most part agree. It wasn't so much the plaque as much as it was the way I was treated that prompted me to un sub. I have a hard time paying somebody or some company to treat me like shit like Trion did. (other blacklisted companies; T-mobile and Comcast)  I am amazed to hear about Sony doing that to you Agile. I always heard they had good customer service, but I've never had to deal with them so I wouldn't know and the only Sony product I've got is my PSP.

If anything convinces me to keep my sub, it's the CG. <3 I've never been in a guild like this and it's what I always wanted my WoW guild to be like. We got close with everyone getting along, but never the numbers of active players to make it so much more exciting. Plus I didn't have llithyia to flirt with. Wink

Maybe as the day draws near and I really have to stop playing I will change my mind, but for now I'm resolute. Smiley

Ilithyia
Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »

lol flirting with me is totally worth at least $10-$15 a month  Wink
Keric
Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »

I agree. Will you be sending that to me in check or cash.  Grin

<3 ya Smiley

Keric
Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »

Well July 3rd is the last day of my subscription.  Cry

I'm taking a break from all MMO's and I've cancelled my WoW sub and my Vent and premium website for my WoW guild.

I have some RL things going on that will require my money and attention. I might pop back in now and then (pay for a month at a time or something) but I'm out for a little bit unless things turn around soon.

I really love this guild and all my guildmates. I will miss you.  Kiss

I will pop in here every so often and say hi and see how things are going.

I don't know about SWTOR, I will have to see what's going on when it comes out.

See you guys when I see you.  Cry

Keric (Josh) Cry

Racy
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »

Sorry to hear real life is getting in the way, but I think we all understand how real life can crash the MMO party Sad We'll miss you tremendously, and hope to see you back in game with us soon! If nothing else, come chat with us on vent, and visit us here!

Hope things get better quickly!

All the best Smiley

Keric
Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

Thx Racy.  Cry

Agile
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »

Come back soon, bud - and you dang well play SWTOR, dammit! Come hell or high water! (Granted, it may not launch until December.. plenty of time to take a break! Smiley )

szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »

Well, remember the cool thing about this guild-- you're always welcomed back. I know I left during the AION days and came back for RIFT.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

*BoldItalicizedInsert ImageInsert Quote
* Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry
Last 6 Shouts:
December 07, 2017, 01:51:43 PM
There are those of us who lurk in the depths, fiercely protecting this Utopia frozen in time. How's everything Thes?
December 05, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
Oh my...its dead
September 04, 2016, 01:28:32 PM
Wink Thespian - I am lucky I got me one of those! Tongue
August 23, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
Summer sux w/o a Racy women at your side
July 20, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
Hey y'all!! Hope everyone is having an Awesome summer!!!
July 06, 2015, 07:06:32 AM
Ha! Ark, eh? I played a little bit, neat little game! Jules is still playing it a lot. Smiley I've been dabbling in TSW, SWTOR and NW
Show 50 latest

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 4674
  • Latest: yrlpzt
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15372
  • Total Topics: 1845
  • Online Today: 3
  • Online Ever: 51
  • (February 27, 2013, 01:50:06 PM)
Users Online