Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
The Crimson Guard

Recent

Teamspeak

Loading... Progress
Need Voice Comms? 

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 08:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's getting a new iPhone tomorrow?  (Read 4422 times)
szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »

As if it was possible to not know... Apple's iPhone 5 should be announced tomorrow.

I'm excited to finally ditch my old school flip phone for a smartphone. I've been waiting it out so I don't have to be stuck on a contract with an outdated phone.

Anyone else planning on preordering?

Ironstaff
Guild Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »

Will never own an apple product ..... so not me.

'Staff
Ikagi
GW2 Officer

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »

I'm with Ironstaff, apple is despicable company with no mind of innovations or competition. That's all I am saying.

Agile
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »

Ditto. Dislike Apple a lot, always have. I'm no Microsoft schill either, but Apple=meh.

Dunlop
Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »

Apple is literally that company in dark future movies that is loved by the people until it is to late and they are enslaved  Grin

szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »

Somehow I knew this was an Android phone group... although, isn't Google just as "SkyNet" as Apple? I find Google more so because Apple doesn't try to encompass every digital service on the planet. As far as I know, they're also not trying to get into the ISP business, or driverless cars... Don't get me wrong, the Apple smugness drives me insane. Makes Apple fans come off as a bunch of stuck up trendy philosophical types in cafes sipping in lattes and writing play scripts.

I'll be honest, my iPod Touch is the only reason I want an iPhone. I know the interface, and it works well for me. I've used quite a few Android-based smartphones and find it cumbersome, along with a crap-shoot about OS updates to any particular phone makes it questionable as a platform for me.

Interesting responses, tho.  Wink

ThunderWalker
Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

Apple buys info from Google.
Apple has had manufacturing complaints around the world
Apple has numerous cases of copyright infringement, blatant patent theft and more then one company that has workers committing suicide to escape from the company that has basically enslaved  them.

This sums things up kinda nicely... now.. the current specs on ipad 2 have changed things a bit.. but not greatly.

Anyone else think Apple is innovative and makes great products?

Hi, how are you guys? My names Nate, and I am weak due to my hate of Apple and its products.

Deezz Nutz!
szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »

Well, I'll be using Mumble without problems on my new iPhone.

Agile
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »

I used it on my Bionic.. .worked great!

Dunlop
Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

Somehow I knew this was an Android phone group...

I absolutely loved my Ipod Touch when I first got it, then I won an Android phone and for me it was so much better for my uses (lack the Iphone Malware, my computer sees it as a removable drive when I plug it, natively read divx, etc..)

But ultimately it is a device that serves a purpose and I have about as much affinity for it as my toaster.  I have zero interest anymore in IOS for multiple reasons, but Windows8 phones are catching my eye

edit: er Itunes malware
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:23:48 PM by Dunlop » Logged

Ikagi
GW2 Officer

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »

I think this guy has my answer lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u28sTUxk3jw&feature=player_embedded

ThunderWalker
Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

^ pure win

Deezz Nutz!
Iskander
Warrior

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

I loathe Apple with every fiber on my being.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rdIWKytq_q4
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:31:37 PM by Iskander » Logged
Tusc
Tank Spec Tusc
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

No cult joining, I mean iphone purchase for me either.  For me the icing on the cake was Apple trying to block Samsung from selling the GS3 (clearly a superior phone to the iphone 5 in virtually all, if not all, categories), right after they jacked them for a cool $1 billlion. Smells like someone trying to build a monopoly to me.

Since we're being truthful here, I'm not a fan of just about all the new phones available in the US. They are big, bulky and encourage men to carrying around man purses since the huge monsters being released wont fit in pant pockets. I've been looking at the European Samsungs and Sony Xperias which are much more reasonably sized and not Apple products. I'm not sure what the obsession is with companies designing giant phones for Americans and smaller phones for the rest of the world, but I have zero interest in purchasing these new beasts.

OOFAA...../endrant

But seriously, if you like the iphones, do it up man.  It's all personal preference after all.

Various four letter named toons.
szalkerous
Guild Member

もういちど ください!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »

They are big, bulky and encourage men to carrying around man purses since the huge monsters being released wont fit in pant pockets.

How small are your pockets?

Some of the larger Android phones I can see this, but there's a handful of smaller Android phones, and the current 4S is pretty small as well. I can fit my iPod Touch (roughly same dimensions) in almost every pocket on my jeans, including the carpenter leg pocket. The 5 is a bit taller, but no more wide, so I suspect I will still be able to carry it like I do now.

I don't want to be forced to mess with my cell phone. The iPhone is mostly idiot proof, and has industry support to the point where I will never have to worry about being locked out of it. My new Silverado LTZ has full support for the iPhone/iPod. Only basic support for everything else. In fact, my friend's Galaxy S2 wouldn't even be recognized in the USB port. I have plenty of PC's, cars, and household projects to tinker with and suffer blood, sweat, and tears over. For this purpose, I choose the iPhone. One less thing to need to mess with. It just works. (This however doesn't reflect on my technological savvy-- I geek myself to the point of building PIC based micro-controlled systems for fun, by hand, from scratch.)

FWIW: I don't own, nor do I have any interest in: iPads, iMacs/Mac Pro/MacBooks, Apple smugness.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

*BoldItalicizedInsert ImageInsert Quote
* Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry
Last 6 Shouts:
September 04, 2016, 01:28:32 PM
Wink Thespian - I am lucky I got me one of those! Tongue
August 23, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
Summer sux w/o a Racy women at your side
July 20, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
Hey y'all!! Hope everyone is having an Awesome summer!!!
July 06, 2015, 07:06:32 AM
Ha! Ark, eh? I played a little bit, neat little game! Jules is still playing it a lot. Smiley I've been dabbling in TSW, SWTOR and NW
June 09, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
I am there with you Ianhawk also playing a lot of RUST
June 09, 2015, 08:34:06 AM
Addicted to now playing Ark Survival evolved.
Show 50 latest

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15372
  • Total Topics: 1845
  • Online Today: 7
  • Online Ever: 51
  • (February 27, 2013, 01:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2