Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
The Crimson Guard

Recent

Teamspeak

Loading... Progress
Need Voice Comms? 

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2017, 12:16:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SWTOR looking at new subscription models?  (Read 3313 times)
Dunlop
Guild Member

« on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

Just a online survey, could be a hoax but it is an elaborate one if it is

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Rolyn
Guild Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

uhm.  That is some damn interesting stuff.

Great post.  HOpe it's not a hoax.  some of that stuff is a cool idea....though....paying for it blows
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

No kidding! sounds pretty frickin awesome!

Dreyder (aka Deeder)
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »

Not too big on Cathar but man do they need to get started on introduciing new races.

Level cap increase sounds dumb... AND sounds fake.
An idiot's wishlist.
All the end game is based around level 50 like raids and flashpoints.. even gear... I don't see it.
Dreyder (aka Deeder)
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20583-bioware-unveils-new-content

Ok... so they just announced
-raised level cap + new abilities
-new planet: Makeb (level 51+ ?)
-New Operation: "Terror from Beyond" (Looks badass)
-a new space mission: "Space Station Assault"
-new playable species "Cathar" (Legacy unlock)
-new companion: "HK-51 Assassin Droid"
-a new Warzone: "Ancient Hypergates"

That document you posted promised:
-Increased level cap. 5 additional levels of gameplay [CHECK]
-New planet Makel: - Explore Makeb.  [CHECK]
-Legacy Species: The Cathar. ...obtained exclusively through the Legacy System. [CHECK]
-Luke Skywalkeŕs Speeder from the Ciassic Star Wars movies. This is a 2-seater ??
-Kowakian Monkey Lizard (pet?)??
-Ewok companion??
-Improved Crafting System  New recipes. additional levels to hone your Skills. ??
-Exclusive vanity items {specia| character particle effects, unique lightsaber color, etc) ??
-3 additional character slots ??

That PDF file seems very credible now... I wonder what else could be coming down the line! Ewok Companion?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:38:17 PM by Dreyder (aka Deeder) » Logged
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

Darn, I confused their level 15 stuff with their release time frame of this stuff.

What's weird is they're showing videos of the new content, as if it were on test or something. But, they're saying what's coming out "this year" - if they pull a stunt like make that a paid for expansion around Christmas, I'd likely cancel. On the other hand, if they want to save their game, they'll bust ass, get that content out before the summer's done, and make for some happier customers.

Caeldrim
Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

Seems a bit early for a level cap increase, but given that the way gear progression is now it might be the only way they can scale, and not cause major headaches for themselves with gear getting inflated with stats later if they added another tier to raiding/PvP.  Just a guess there, on my part though.

I would say that footage is probably off the alpha or developer server.
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »

Yeah, kinda what I meant.. Tongue But I reaaaaaalllly hope they get off their butt and produce some serious content. And fast... this stuff where you can't find more then 40 people on Fleet (and believe it or not, there's usually MORE on the Republic side!) at any given time is starting to suck.

Caeldrim
Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »

Yeah, they need to do something soonish.  About the only time there's people on is evenings, and even then it's noticeable fewer than it use to be a couple of weeks ago.
Iskander
Warrior

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »

Looks good, but ALL this content need to be out needs to be out within 3-4 months if they hope to keep their existing customers. I do realize that there is no chance in hell that will happen.
Dreyder (aka Deeder)
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »

Looks good, but ALL this content need to be out needs to be out within 3-4 months if they hope to keep their existing customers. I do realize that there is no chance in hell that will happen.
3-4 months is unlikely
But not much later than that is pretty much what we can expect I think.

I think it's not bad over all but they really need tons of alien species... and not just for the people that have made it to 50 already if they're gonna attract the new players.

By raising the level cap, they will make Explosive Conflict a lot easier... which will syphon all those guys looking to pug it able to do it.
The move makes sense.
Rolyn
Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »

I hate them introducing new classes as a "fix to keep people busy".

I mean...it does nothing.  Other classes get nothing special other than looking cool.  I already have 5 level 50's....why do i want to make more again?  Give me something extra for leveling that character rather than have to gear yet another character to make practical use of it.

The other things are pretty standard.  I am sad it's nothing actually exciting....just standard MMO stuff.

I still love the game, don't get me wrong, but I don't even think this stuff is a long term solution.

They have so much going for them with space missions, legacy, a non Medieval theme for once, the star wars name, interesting classes and game play....but raising the cap level and throwing in harder content isn't gunna do the trick.  They need to play to their strengths while not forgetting about their weaknesses, which is right now the fact you can get full Columi in like a week and if you aren't a raider.....you're effectively done with that character.

Took me 1 week to fully gear my Powertech....another week to get half rakata....now he does nothing.
Dreyder (aka Deeder)
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:26:01 AM »

I hate them introducing new classes as a "fix to keep people busy".
There's no new classes
Agile
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 02:25:54 AM »

I think he meant races. Tongue

And I agree.. new playable races means NADA to this puppy. I play humans (or their reasonable facsimile) about 95% of the time anyway.

Dreyder (aka Deeder)
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »

I think he meant races. Tongue

And I agree.. new playable races means NADA to this puppy. I play humans (or their reasonable facsimile) about 95% of the time anyway.
Ah... well maybe it does nothing for someone that has an alt of every class... but it certainly does something for someone who does not, is looking to maybe role an alt... but it left uninterested by the choice of races

The lack of non human looking races is one of the top 5 complaints about this game. It's a huge let down when you look at the character creation screen and it's a let down that new people see right away.

Personally it's kept me pretty uninterested in alts and while I am not in the majority there... am I not in the minority when it comes to wanting to see new playable races that are more reflective of the SW universe (and while Cathar misses that mark for me, they are one of the top races asked for)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:01:41 AM by Dreyder (aka Deeder) » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

*BoldItalicizedInsert ImageInsert Quote
* Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry
Last 6 Shouts:
September 04, 2016, 01:28:32 PM
Wink Thespian - I am lucky I got me one of those! Tongue
August 23, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
Summer sux w/o a Racy women at your side
July 20, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
Hey y'all!! Hope everyone is having an Awesome summer!!!
July 06, 2015, 07:06:32 AM
Ha! Ark, eh? I played a little bit, neat little game! Jules is still playing it a lot. Smiley I've been dabbling in TSW, SWTOR and NW
June 09, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
I am there with you Ianhawk also playing a lot of RUST
June 09, 2015, 08:34:06 AM
Addicted to now playing Ark Survival evolved.
Show 50 latest

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15372
  • Total Topics: 1845
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 51
  • (February 27, 2013, 01:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3